Goals of the WMELS Training
- To provide opportunities for participants to learn how to use the WMELS to guide the determination of developmentally appropriate curriculum, daily activities & assessment.
- To assist early care & education providers and families in developing an understanding of the WMELS developmental domains, developmental expectations, performance standards, developmental continuum & program standards.
- To utilize the "Teaching Cycle" of assessment, planning & implementation as a framework for applying the WMELS in early care & education.
- To provide opportunities for participants to learn how to use the WMELS to design care & learning environments & to support adult/child relationships that enhance optimal learning experiences for young children.
- To provide professionals & families with an understanding of the connections between WMELS and:
- Wisconsin readiness Indicators
- Existing performance standards
- Existing program standards
Find a WMELS Trainer
WMELS Training Opportunities