Enhanced coordination of the Cross-Sector Early Childhood Professional Development System
- Use WMELS, WI Core Competencies, as well as the WI Trainer and Technical Assistant Competencies as a framework, guidance, & resource for cross-sector collaboration.
- Enhance linkages between higher education & training & technical assistance efforts.
- Strive for high quality aligned professional development opportunities for the early childhood workforce, which include cross-sector training & technical assistance.
- Propose recommendations for system and policy changes in professional development as appropriate to state departments, state councils, & other professional development stakeholders.
- Explore professional development system integration that may be beyond the current goals & scope of the organizations & WECCP.
- Work as members, to bring recommendations and integration into the agencies & associations represented.
- Use WI Core Competencies across the variety of early childhood systems as a framework, guidance, and resource for cross-sector collaboration.
- Enhance linkages between higher education and training and technical assistance efforts.
- Strive for high quality aligned professional development opportunities for the early childhood workforce, which include cross-sector training and technical assistance.
PDI Snapshot (pdf) 5/14/17 - To address the complexities of this cross-sector effort, this document explains the PDI system, structure, sectors, partners, contributing organizations, committees, funding, member commitments & commitment to excellence.
For More Information contact the PDI Co-chairs:
Sherry Kimball, Early Childhood Consultant: [email protected]
Jeanette Paulson, WI Early Childhood Association: [email protected]
Collaboration with other WI Systems
Early Childhood Advisory Council (ECAC) (webpage) This Council builds upon the work of the WI Early Childhood Collaborating Partners (WECCP), the Children's Trust Fund Board, and the Partners for Wisconsin Economic Success, and the Governor's Birth to 3 Interagency Coordinating Council. PDI is a project team within the ECAC.
Maternal & Child Health Early Childhood Systems: (webpage) The Maternal & Child Health (MCH) Program addresses 8 priority areas identified from the MCH 2010 needs assessment by using a systems-building approach and the Life Course Framework. MCH Program defines Early Childhood Systems as local public health departments working with community partners to build & integrate services and supports that promote optimal physical, mental, and social health/development of all children & their families.
Listing of Early Childhood Agencies & Services (pdf) 2/13/18
Early Childhood Acronyms & Abbreviations (pdf) 8/12
Early Childhood Education Professional Development: T & TA Glossary (pdf)
Related Professional Development Reports
2016 Professional Development Mid-Year Consolidated Report (pdf) Jan-Jun 2016
2015 Professional Development Consolidated Report (pdf) Jan-Dec 2015
2014 Professional Development Consolidated Report (pdf) Jan-Dec 2014
WI EC Higher Education Scan: Executive Summary (pdf) 2013
WI Professional Development Scan (pdf) 2011
WI EC Professional Development Policy Scan - Executive Summary (pdf) - Sep 2011
WI State Personnel Development Grant, Early Childhood Hub Final Report - 2007-2013 (pdf)