Curriculum and Assessment: Resources
Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners provides curriculum and assessment resources.
- Defining Quality Curriculum for Young Children (pdf)
- Effects of Preschool Curriculum Programs on School Readiness -
a report from the National Center for Education Research (NCER) reviewing the
effectiveness of 14 curricula.
- Results Matter Assessment Videos - These clips were developed
to be used in professional development activities to give early care and
education providers an opportunity to practice observation and documentation
- Assessment Course - This three-module course is designed to
increase knowledge of the process of ongoing assessment and provide
opportunities to practice various assessment strategies.
- Preschool Curriculum: What's in it for Children and Teachers,
Albert Shankar Institute Report
- Preschool Curriculum Decision-Making: Dimensions to Consider,
- Council on Children and Families - Early Education Facts and Quotes
- Early Learning and School Readiness
- What Settings are Wisconsin’s Young Children In?
- Investment in Early Learning Brings High Returns
- Healthy Children - from the American Academy of Pediatrics, this site offers information for parents on healthy living, safety and prevention, family life, health issues, news and tips and tools.
- CLASP - Policy Solutions that Work for Low Income People: Strengthening Children, Youth and Families
- CLASP - Charting Progress for Babies in Child Care, What Babies and Toddlers in Child Care Need
- Born Learning - is designed as a tool for long-lasting community change that supports young children. It has three cornerstones: Awareness, Education, Action
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice - from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, includes collection of new resources related to developmentally appropriate practices, June 22, 2012
- Key Messages of the Developmentally Appropriate Practice Position Statement (pdf)
- NAECY and NAECS/SDE Position Statement on Curriculum Assessment in Programs Birth Through Age 8 (pdf) - NAEYC is the nation's largest organization of early childhood professional and others dedicated to improving the quality of early childhood education programs for children birth through age eight.
- NAECY and NAECS/SDE "Where we Stand on Curriculum, Assessment, and Program Evaluation (pdf) - National Institute for Early Education Research NIEER supports early childhood initiatives by providing objective, nonpartisan information based on research.
- The Brazelton Touchpoints Approach™ - is a practical approach for enhancing the competence of parents and building strong family-child relationships from before birth through the earliest years, laying the vital foundation for children’s healthy development.
- The Brain Map was adapted in 2006 by ZERO TO THREE from BrainWonders, a collaborative project (1998-2001) between Boston University School of Medicine, Erikson Institute and ZERO TO THREE. After selecting an age range, click on a hotspot of the brain to reveal questions and answers to learn how a baby's brain develops during this period of brain growth. You'll also learn what you can do to enrich a very young child's development.
- Tools of the Mind - a research-based early childhood program that builds strong foundations for school success in preschool and kindergarten children by promoting their intentional and self-regulated learning.
- Revised Head Start Child Development and Learning Framework - designed to provide more clarity to the domains and domain elements of the original Framework and do not create new requirements for Head Start grantees.
Assessment Tools List
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social-Emotional (ASQ:SE)
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ)
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System (AEPS) - for Infants and Children (Volume 3)
- Assessment, Evaluation and Programming System (AEPS) - Curriculum for Three to Six Year (Volume 4) Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing Company (1993)
- Battelle Developmental Inventory Second Edition (BDI-2) - Riverside Publishing, (2005)
- Brigance Inventory of Early Development II - Curriculum Associates (2005)
- Carolina Developmental Profile - Kaplan
- Early Learning Accomplishment Profile (E-LAP) * Kaplan Press
- Hawaii Early learning Profile (HELP) * Vort Corporation, (2004)
- High Scope - COR Assessment
- High/Scope Child Observation Record (COR) for Infants And Toddlers Ypsilanti, MI: High/Scope, (2002)
- High/Scope Preschool Child Observation Record (COR), Second Edition Ypsilanti, MI: High/Scope, (2003)
- Indicators of Individual Growth and Development for Infants and Toddlers (IGDI: 0-3) University of Kansas
- Learning Accomplishment Profile Third Edition (LAP-3) Kaplan Early Learning Company
- New Portage Guide - Birth to Six CESA 5, Portage, WI, (2003)
- Read, Play Learn - Play-based curriculum for children 3–6 years of age (1-6 years developmental age). It emphasizes a developmental approach to learning
- Teaching Strategies Gold
- Work Sampling System - (preschool 3 and 4, Head Start and K, 2004) Pearson Early Learning: Lebanon, IN, (2004)