4K Community Approaches: Resources
Looking for a start to your collaborative process? Or more information on assessment tools or curriculum in the early education area? How about sample agreements and contracts used by successful collaborative partners? Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners provides resources for community approaches.
- DPI 4K Community Approaches Homepage: The Office of Early Learning's new website that tells the story of what makes 4-year-old kindergarten community approaches so good for children, families, community programs, school districts, Head Start, and the general public.
- DPI 4K Homepage
- 4-Year-Old Kindergarten (4K) and YoungStar Frequently Asked Questions
- DPI 4K Start Up Grants
- Lessons from Research and the Classroom: Implementing High-Quality Pre-K that Makes a Difference for Young Children: offers research about the necessity for Pre-K programs being high quality, cost sustainable, and possessing the essential elements of a high quality Pre-K program. Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- PALS Wisconsin Resource Center: includes information about the Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening (PALS), which is is a research-based screening, diagnostic, and progress monitoring tool.
- Early Childhood and Economic Development in Wisconsin - Research about why investing in high quality early education is good business and establishes a strong foundation for success in school and in life.
- HighScope Perry Preschool Study: Lifetime Effects - This study, perhaps the most well-known of all HighScope research efforts,examines the lives of 123 African Americans born in poverty and at high risk of failing in school.
- Getting Your Child Ready for Kindergarten - DPI resource list to help parents build a strong foundation for school.
- FirstSchool - From the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute this site offers a research-based, collaborative framework to improve school experiences by emphasizing 10 critical features
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice - From the National Association for the Education of Young Children, includes collection of new resources related to developmentally appropriate practices, June 22, 2012